July 12, 2018
Unrealistic beauty standards from around the world!
- Photoshop, advertisements, marketing and society,
- Instagram stars and beauty reality,
- How clothes can help,
- Fake it until you make it - confidence and contentment,
- Minimal effort can make a huge difference in self esteem
Unrealistic Beauty Standards for Women:
- tanned skin vs pale,
- social status,
- Geisha culture,
- large vs small body shape,
- foot binding
Unrealistic Beauty Standards for Men:
- Muscles vs The Dad Bod,
- the full beard look,
- baldness and the comb-over,
July 5, 2018
Life is full of choices. Choice, by its very nature, has multiple options. These option points are what we call forks. You can choose to follow one path or another, and the outcomes can be life altering.
This week, Shawn is joined by Dave, Rene and Bob. Together, these 4 friends discuss some of the forking choices in their lives. They talk about various kinds of forks, such as those dealing with school, career, marriage, and regret.
This episode will explore how life could have gone. How do you define success? What about mental forks, such as age and aging?
There is even talk about celebrity encounters, the importance of connection and life stages.
This week's podcast promo: Watchathon of Rassilon
June 28, 2018
Does confidence come from within or through cosplay?
Cosplay expert Karen enters the Soul Forge to give us a brief overview of who she is and what she does.
- How did Karen and I meet?
- Karen's cosplay and her challenge,
- The cosplay community is vast and varied,
- Shyness can bring fear,
- Social awkwardness and the costume solution,
- Personal confidence and the backlash,
- Costuming and the limitations,
- GISH: Greatest International Scavenger Hunt, an intro...
- The non-binary comfort zone,
- Hair stories,
Find Karen on Twitter @flynndanarra
Find Karen on Instagram @ladydanger47
This week's promo: The Nerd Bliss Podcast
June 21, 2018
Summer time and the promise of possibility!
Nan and Jean and the Beals Lake story,
Watermelon, hotdogs, fires, marshmellows, fireworks, crawdads, hiking and biking
Fishing stories and Xbox adventures,
Brother Adventures: hiking, concert road trips,
August life celebration event,
This week's promo: Transmissions from Atlantis
June 14, 2018
A discussion about culture and race.
- Diversity in the workplace,
- I know a lot of white people,
- The world isn't just black and white,
- The George Costanza dilemma,
- My own limited inter-racial contact,
- The trouble with racial labels,
- Racism in Fandom: Ghostbuster, Star Wars and Kelly Marie Tran,
- The Time Travel solution,
- Black Lives Matter,
- Gay Pride,
- The shift in society and changing language,
- The N word,
- Education equals enlightenment!
This week's promo: Terminus Doctor Who Podcast
June 7, 2018
Gratitude, Gratefulness, Appreciation
Oftentimes, we do not express just how much people mean to us, either for the things they have done, or what they have said. It's important to acknowledge those people who have helped or guided us, whether they are aware of their impact or not.
Here is a list of things that I'm grateful for, and there are many...
Hope, Positivity, Communication
This week we take a look at the Earth Station One Podcast Network. We'll be exploring how a network operates, and how it helps out its members.
The Rusted Robot Podcast hits 200 episodes.
Who are the people behind the hashtag #podpeople?
The podcast concludes with some juicy gossip I should probably not be sharing, but it explains the anger I've been feeling as of late.
This week's promo: Revcast Shark Podcast
May 31, 2018
The divorce process and feelings surrounding it.
Divorce can be an extremely emotional experience that creates a wide variety of mixed feelings.
Some relationship history; a time-line of tragedy or preventable folly?
Thoughts, feelings, hopes and preparation for re-marriage.
What changed my mind -- the initial disbelief in divorce.
The divorce process: forms, costs, procedures, etc.
Variable emotional response...divorce really makes you feel some deep feelings.
Entering a new relationship, getting re-married, the family response, the child factor.
This weeks promo: Myopia podcast
May 24, 2018
A Minimalism Guide for Episode 50!
- A brief history of my introduction to Minimalism,
- Josh and Ryan and the Minimalist documentary and podcast,
- 'OMIT NEEDLESS THINGS,'
- The Minimalist lifestyle -- possessions and purchases,
- Being content with your life, not with your stuff,
- A life of collecting,
- The collector's dilemma,
- The cost to your happiness,
- My down-sizing journey
Minimalism strategies for a simpler life!
This week's promo: Meet the Night Blogger
May 17, 2018
Meta Tara is your empowerment guru!
We're talking about sexuality, personal power, self-expression, love, leadership, spirituality, creativity and more...
- Fear, free-will and speaking your truth,
- Taking responsibility and losing control,
- Mindfulness -- the priciples of Tantra,
- Coaching, mentorship, events,
- Embracing the feminine power,
- Light and dark masculine,
- Self-sabotage and people pleasing,
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/metatara22
This week's promo: The Flopcast