Kids. Children. Offspring. Yours, mine, and ours.
This week we tackle the topic of living with kids that aren't biologically yours . We are going to use the term step-parent even though many of the stories and situations do not necessarily involve marriage between the couple.
- Buidling a relationship with a step-child,
- Blended families and becoming a step-parent,
- How do these kids react and behave?
- The Brady Bunch Illusion - expectations versus reality
- How a man bonds with kids,
- How a woman bonds with kids,
- The gender of the child in relation to the gender of the step-parent,
The age of the child/children will have a great impact on the relationship between the other person's kid(s) and the new step-parent.
Discipline styles also differ and this can have an affect on the child. Supper, homework, and bedtime routines can be vastly different.
Remember: communication, tolerance and understanding.
This week's podcast promo: The Nerdy Laser Podcast